There are no interviews. We usually discuss and clarify all arrangements via email, and make decisions based on the information exchanged. For skilled position we may request a copy of your diploma and/or relevant references and a current Police check. We will confirm you via e-mail the acceptance of your volunteering position and the exact period.
After your volunteering placement has been confirmed, we recommend that you:
• Purchase or reserve your flight ticket;
• Get the required vaccinations;
• Obtain travel medical insurance;
• Apply for a visa (for those countries from which a visa is necessary);
• E-mail us your flight details; we will arrange to pick you up from the airport.
Induction involves basic training in care practices and exchange of ideas from those with relevant experience.
Current staff supervise volunteers. Volunteers are expected to work with their counterparts with an attitude of mutual respect and learning.
Evaluation / References
Before the volunteer leaves we conduct an exit interview and discuss the volunteer's reference.